Hello all, and greetings.
This week has been interesting to say the least. Super hard! I feel like I've gone nowhere in language learning. There was good all the way up until Sunday ha ha. Thanks for your well wishes regarding the learning and it coming...Our simulation last week was really good, what we taught was about 50/50 and I was much happier with my work and had a good time doing it. We did well. Monday was slow as junk, but this week has been different so it went fast. Monday was our last day with the West Indies missionaries (Speaking English) cuz they left on Tuesday morning so I have pictures I will send of me and a fellow Elder Thomas also from New Zealand who is really cool and loves to talk to me about Diesels, he is studying engineering and loves it. The TDI van drove by while we were taking pictures as the whole CCM, and someone blurted out "Martel, there goes your baby!" Everyone knows I love them cuz I never stop talking about them. So then I said "I know everything about that motor" and Thomas was like what about this and this and this and I just rattled it off and everyone was like whoa buddy, you know too much about that. Then, Thomas and I got into a heavy discussion about turbo's and our preferences....nerdy? Yes. Tuesday we had the opportunity to go to the mall and get some stuff we needed.
Wednesday blew cuz that's when I got pretty discouraged. Elder Castro hears/sees something and it is glued in his brain and I cant get a THING to stick. I feel like it goes out just as quick as it goes in. I'm trying to have more faith and prepared some questions for the temple trip we had this morning. That was good, really good, but I need some breakthrough of some sort. We get our Latins today because its time for the ones that are only here for 3 weeks. One came last night and I tried and tried to talk to him but it was ultra crap. He is from Panama. Our 2 friends Elder Funk and Luce Moved out yesterday so they have Latins in their room, and we will to by the end of the day. The room got cleaned and that is good, but it was so sad without them last night. But, Elder Castro and I had a really good few moments together and we are WAY closer because of it. He entrusted me with some things and I love him so much more. He has been such a good friend and wonderful support when I go crazy or ballistic or whatever else I do. He encourages me a lot with the language its really great. I'm really going to miss him when we part in 3 weeks, for he is going to the Santiago (North DR) Mission. Yikes that is gonna suck. Oh Tuesday we also went back to the university and only talked to one guy, but he came up to us and wanted to sit down, He spoke English pretty well and had a lot of questions so we taught him the first discussion...or I should say, Elder Castro taught him the first discussion and I gave him a broken testimony every once in a while. That started the week of doubt. But I'm glad its P day and i can kind of start over fresh tomorrow. I never give up and I'm asking the lord very patiently a billion times a day to assist me with faith and comprehending the language that I am supposed to teach. Really good in the temple as I realized that WHEN i get the language, I will go like a train down a hill with no brakes, I am so excited to share the gospel and teach and testify and everything so I know that when that time comes I will start liking this 2 year thing I have gotten myself into. Oh its not that bad, i have a lot of fun here but lets be honest...this box is rough to live in we are getting really itchy. I'm finally getting more and more used to the weather and now its just not thought about. I mean, most of the wet on you is simply water from the air so that helps the mind. It will improve the more I am out in it but oooh its sticky 24/7. Glad to hear its chilly and pretty there. Its an oven and pretty over here. I'm getting a lot better at volleyball and my friend elder whiting is teaching me how to spike and I'm slowly becoming a baller if you will...and Rachel, i know you will! Leave it to me to be the guy to be making the game fun with my random and loud commentary on everything. An elder came to me at the computer lab (here) the other day and was like, oh you are Elder Martel...I hear you are the wildcat in District one...yup! You need to know I listen to you everyday at lunch and laugh at all the things you say" He asked what i did before the mission and was seeking for my drama background...don't worry, he found it! He did it as well. Funny.
My halloween was....fun? Its in a ranting journal entry ha ha, but we got 2 cookies and a little bit of candy each, thanks to Hermana Hendricks (Wife of the President).
An elder that im close with, Elder Yates, is from Georgia and we had a good talk in the Celestial room about some things...wow! Opened my eyes to the symbols of baptism that are incredible. Dad, Im sure you know everything about it! Crazy cool.
I feel your prayers and it helps me a lot to know what my purpose is here when it gets tough. My buddy Elder Tukia (remember, from new Zealand, Papa bear?) He is here being my best bud I cant wait for you to meet him.
I love you all and appreciate everyting you are doing for me. I think about you probably a thousand times a day. Food still blows, but only 3 weeks left. Talk to you soon! Love you
-McLean Christian Martel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment