Monday, November 9, 2009

October 2, 2009

Elders combs and beard are pretty much my favorite. we are crazy and do whatever sometimes to make us not go crazy. I have serious cabin fever at only 1.5 weeks in?? Yikes! Not gonna be good! I got my flight stuff today in the mail. My flight leaves at 6 am on Oct 15 and i have to report to the MTC travel office at 3AM. fun night that will be. my mission home is in Miami, so get this. After I finish MTC on NOV 14 I fly back to Miami...uh...k? HA maybe me being German wont let me get a visa and i have to serve in Florida! HA that would be funny. gah i only have thirty minutes and my wrist is killing me. So I am district leader and it is nuts. i have no idea what I'm doing but i am learning as i go and i am learning a lot. our district is blessed with three hermanas and they all bring such a great spirit and i love each of them a lot. we have had some really powerful and spiritual experiences that have brought us closer together. I'm really grateful to be DL and i hope that it can help me get to be that or more in the field. I will do my best but i do think my age helps....even though sometimes i feel like I'm surrounded by 12 year old! HA! K so new rule that blows is no music here at Provo MTC. Nope, not even hymns. I'm going crazy. my comp will NOT stop humming and whistling 2 really awesome hymns only in Spanish so now they are ruined for me! k so i don't know how reliable mail is going to be in DR, but it is pouch. ill totally use email but it will still be good to have physical mail and to get pictures and stuff. MAKE SURE we get the button/apostasy thing! It totally works! I made a crap one from paper and used it for our teacher on a lesson we taught and he thought it was incredible! So good! dad we went to the temple today and i loved it. i needed it so much and had some really good quality personal time with the lord. its setup a lot the same as Jordan River/Logan since it was designed by the same architect, even though the outside is a little sketchy. anyway, i sat in the celestial room and while blubbering like an idiot i thought how almost 35 years ago you came into that same room for your dad, and Eleisha, Steve, and Rachel had all been there as well. What a powerful spirit existed in there. It was totally nostalgic just outside the temple, looking at the same stain on the ground as i did when I came a year ago to do baptisms living here. i saw the stadium and my old house from atop the hill. I miss Provo a lot (Its like in in a portal here) and i am looking forward to coming back later when I live here and remember when i was in the MTC.....hmmmm...i wonder if i will miss it. I'm starting to adjust here and we are always pinging off the walls trying to have fun. don't worry i found out the wrong way that you cant sing, clap, or dance in the cafeteria. when i stood up and hollered "Ladies and gentleman, elder combs!!!" and applauded, yeah the ZLs didn't like that ha ha whatever we are having fun. I cant wait till you meet all these people. so pretty much i blow at the language but am realizing that i just have to rely on the lord, FULL FAITH in him and do my best. my goal is to teach the Dominicans and the language is the only thing between us so the lord wont let me not be able to not deliver his most important message. the spirit is SO STRONG here and i am just itching to get out and teach and love the people. the food here is great and the juice is incredible....even though it gives you some body issues ha ha. AKA my body hates it. but the food fills us up. i have NO time for anything and have SO Much to do. its crazy. but the lord knows what he is doing so eh. what do you do? your best. my time is running low i might get random soon with last minute stuff. uh....crap, blank mind. thank you all so much for letters and whatnot. I have everyone's names on the prayer list. I love you all and feel your love for me. keep praying cuz like i said my espanol is crap at this point. i can testify and pray a little and joke around in Spanish but that's about it. ok I have to go, i will write more in letters. mom thank you so much for your love. way to be strong. i will be back. i love that you look up to me and i want to make you proud. I'm happy to serve and so glad i have a family that supports me and loves me for leaving and making them take care of all my stuff. love you all,

McLean

No comments:

Post a Comment